Day Before Your Visit
- Notify your physician before coming to the facility if there is a significant change in your physical condition, such as high fever, infection, heart problems or breathing difficulties.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT. (This includes candy, water, coffee, chewing gum, etc.) IF you eat or drink anything your procedure will be cancelled or rescheduled. Prescription medication authorized by your physician may be taken with a small sip of water.
- Eat a light supper the day before your procedure. Gum, hard candy or breath mint/strips are not allowed the day of surgery.
- Make arrangements in advance for a responsible adult to drive you home. We recommend that they stay with you until the following morning. If you arrive at the facility without a responsible adult to provide transportation, your procedure will be rescheduled for another day. Taxi service is not permitted.
- Be on time and call the center if you will be unavoidably late. If you must cancel your procedure, please contact your physician’s office at least two days in advance. They will advise The Surgical Pavilion of your cancellation.
- Allow for some flexibility in the time of your procedure. Your appointment time may be adjusted due to unplanned events.
- Some medications such as aspirin, blood thinners, diet pills, diabetic medication or anti-inflammatory medication may need to be stopped prior to your procedure. Therefore, it is important you inform your physician of all medications (prescription, herbal, over the counter) that you are taking. Your physician will inform you if any of your medications should be stopped prior to your procedure. Your questions about medications should be directed to your physician’s office.
- The Surgical Pavilion staff will contact you prior to your procedure to confirm your appointment schedule and to review your financial responsibility.
- Copayments and/or deductibles are due on the day of your procedure. If you would like more information regarding payment options, please contact our business office at 501-227-9088.